Operation Christmas Child
Thanks to Aspire Networks, this year our Look Homes team had the joyful
opportunity to participate in a charity adopted by The Samaritans Purse
organization. This organization focuses on enhancing the lives of those
children in need, those who cannot afford daily necessities or toys to
play with that we are so fortunate to have at hand. Each year Operation
Christmas Child collects millions of shoeboxes packed by participants
worldwide and distributes them to children in third world countries at
Christmas time. What began as
28,000 boxes in 1993 has grown to more than 94 million to date.
Our team individually gathered a total of 39 boxes and as a company, Look Homes doubled the number and packaged up 78 boxes! Thank you to our friends and family who also participated with Operation Christmas Child, greatly appreciated all around!
Parade of Heroes
As the name suggests, the Parade of Heroes provides Look Homes Master Builder Inc. and Stepper Homes an invaluable opportunity to spend time with true heroes: the children involved with the “Kids With Cancer Society”.
Since its inception in 2006, the Parade of Heroes has provided children battling cancer with an annual opportunity to experience the thrill of riding on motorcycles in a safe and festive environment. Motorcyclists spend an afternoon parading each young passenger around Edmonton's Hawerlak Park and visiting with the child's family members whilst enjoying a sponsored B.B.Q lunch... learn more
Revving Up For Kids
Look Homes Master Builder Inc. and Stepper Homes are enthusiastic supporters of the “Revving Up For Kids” motorcycle tour. Held in late June each year, the ride has become a major source of sponsorship, with nearly $1,050,000 raised since 2006!
For 3 days each spring, a growing number of motorcycle enthusiasts from across the province convene and share their enjoyment of the open road. Riders pay a registration fee and generate a minimum sponsorship of $1000 in order to participate. The bike route possesses a challenge to all the riders, often demanding 400 – 600 km be covered daily in order to reach destinations in British Columbia or Montana before returning home. learn more
"Building Cures for Kids” Home project
Successful cancer treatment in children has been one of the biggest success stories in modern medicine: In 1960, there were very few childhood cancer survivors. Today, a child diagnosed with cancer has greater than 75 % chance at beating the disease. However, this means approximately 25% of patients either succumb to the disease or live with permanent complications due to severe treatments. This number is disturbing and it takes communities, like ours, to come together and participate in these fundraisers events to help put an end to the growing disease.
Look Homes Master Builder Inc., in partnership with the Alberta Cancer Foundation, has launched
“Building Cures for Kids Foundation”.. learn more
Kick in for Kids
“Kick in for Kids” is a sports equipment drive that aims to gather a minimum of 500 sports items to distribute to under privileged children in our community. This wonderful fundraiser is locally organized through Sports Central and, each year, joyfully allows many children a chance at participating in an array of sport activities.
This past year, Look Homes Master Builder Inc. proudly sponsored several children’s soccer teams with jerseys, ribbons, medals and managed to be the highest donator for a large charity package in the “Kick in for Kids” Fundraiser auction!
This rewarding fundraiser allows our team the opportunity to give back to the community by putting smiles on the faces of children around us, and shining a new light in their lives in every aspect we can!
You too can give underprivileged children the simple gift of participation through supporting Sport Central's various fundraising events. Please visit their website for further details. http://www.sportcentral.org/Support